Careers at YES
If you have a passion for youth and helping them succeed, you might be a good fit for a career at YES. We attribute our successes to the dedication of our staff.
YES hosts a broad range of employment opportunities, ranging from program coordinators to resident specialists to street outreach workers and administration staff.
Want to join the YES team in ending youth homelessness in Omaha? Our current career opportunities are listed below. To apply, please complete and return our application, Adult/Child Protective Services Central Registries Authorization form, and the Nebraska Child Abuse/Neglect Central Registry Release of Information. All forms are required.
Special Events Intern
Intern will be responsible for, but not limited to, working closely with and assisting the Community Relations Manager in planning YES’ Golf Outing and Dance for a Chance fundraisers. Duties may include: attending planning/committee meetings, managing event logistics, fundraising, public relations, event promotion, graphic design, event execution, and other assigned tasks.
This person must be organized, creative, and enthusiastic with excellent writing and communication skills. Prior event coordination and advanced knowledge about Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite preferred. Students studying Public Relations, Advertising, Communications, or Marketing will be given first consideration for this position.
Based on event deadlines, the candidate will average 10-15 hours a week. Hours are flexible and can adjust to the student’s schedule.
The candidate must be available the days of the events: Monday, May 5, 2014 and August 2, 2014.
This position offers a $500 stipend and can be used for course credit.
Submit cover letter, resume, and references to Ashley Flater.
Application deadline: February 14, 2014
Administrative Assistant and Volunteer Coordinator
As Administrative Assistant:
Provides support to the Executive Director. Provides support to Development Director, Program Director and Community Relations Manager including report preparation and coordination of activities as directed related to public relations, fundraising and programming. Provides clerical services of a general nature such as answering phones, reception of visitors, typing, responding to literature requests, and preparing mailings. Has Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of office work experience. Reports to the Executive Director.
• Supports Executive Director and Administrative Team by compiling reports, correspondence, scheduling appointments, and assisting with fundraising activities and events.
• Represents the Agency, greeting the public and answering phones.
• Maintains records, including personnel and inventory files.
• Provides Financial Support, including:
-- Maintaining donor data base.
-- Coordinating purchase and distribution of supplies for the Agency.
-- Depositing revenue.
• Assists with events for the agency.
• May be responsible for specific projects.
• Administers volunteer services program.
• Other duties, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent 5 years office experience preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly organized.
• Flexible and able to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
• No criminal record. No history of child abuse or neglect. Willing to undergo drug testing and a thorough criminal history and background investigation.
In the News
- yesomaha on 02/19/2014
Picture and poem by a current YES youth.
- yesomaha on 02/12/2014
Lonnie’s life has had many different paths, and for a long time it didn’t have a clear direction. At the age of 7, Lonnie was adopted. He had parents, siblings, and a place to call home. But all of that quickly changed after he turned 18. It was at that time his parents decided that […]
- yesomaha on 01/22/2014
- yesomaha on 12/06/2013