Careers at YES
If you have a passion for youth and helping them succeed, you might be a good fit for a career at YES. We attribute our successes to the dedication of our staff.
YES hosts a broad range of employment opportunities, ranging from program coordinators to resident specialists to street outreach workers and administration staff.
Want to join the YES team in ending youth homelessness in Omaha? Our current career opportunities are listed below. To apply, please complete and return our application, Adult/Child Protective Services Central Registries Authorization form, and the Nebraska Child Abuse/Neglect Central Registry Release of Information. All forms are required.
The Development Director is responsible for the design, implementation and management of all development and fundraising activities. The Development Director works directly under the supervision of the Executive Director.
The Development Director shall be responsible for:
1. Identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding a portfolio of funding prospects.
2. Developing fundraising initiatives in the areas of corporate and foundation relations, prospect research, and grant opportunities.
3. Researching, writing and submitting grant proposals, including letters of interest or responses to requests for proposals.
4. Researching potential individual and foundation prospects, as well as preparing donor letters and other development vehicles and communications.
5. Development, implementation and management of activities related to annual giving, capital campaigns, major gifts, endowment funds, planned giving and special events.
6. Solicitation of donations.
7. Developing calendars and action plans for activities related to public relations, fundraising, special events, and long-term fund development.
8. Monitoring progress of fundraising activities relative to annual targets and goals.
9. Ensuring relationships with donors are strong, in collaboration with the Executive Director and Donor Relations Director.
10. Establishing benefits, privileges, recognition, acknowledgements incentives for donors and volunteers in order to maintain and improve relations.
11. Ensuring compliance with all Agency policies and procedures.
12. Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Commitment to the mission of Youth Emergency Services, Inc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services or related field required, Master’s Degree in Public Administration with emphasis in non-profit management preferred.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in development and fundraising activities preferably in a not for profit agency,
- Experience conducting successful special events.
- Knowledge, application, and understanding of development and fundraising theory and practice required.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent research and computer skills.
- Completion of criminal history and background investigation.
- Experience working with or in nonprofit organizations.
In the News
- yesomaha on 06/19/2014
Hi! My name is Felicia, and I am going to explain how dedication and hard work helped me buy my first car. Two years ago, I joined a program called Opportunity Passport. This program is for anyone who has been a former ward of the state. Opportunity Passport helps former wards by matching any money saved to help those […]
- yesomaha on 06/12/2014
About Trey: Trey came to Youth Emergency Services to find a better life for himself. After staying with his cousin for awhile, he left when he refused to drop out of school at her request. He had nowhere else to turn and very little resources available to him. That’s when he learned about YES. Trey says, […]
- yesomaha on 05/30/2014
Last Wednesday, May 21, was Omaha’s second annual Omaha Gives! day. Youth Emergency Services participated, and everyone was so surprised and overwhelmed by the community support. This year, YES had set a goal to raise $15,000. Our supportive donors exceeded our expectations and raised over $17,000! That amount is almost double the amount raised last […]
- yesomaha on 05/13/2014
With so many youth coming and going at the YES Emergency Shelter, it’s no surprise that it would need an update sooner or later. The First United Methodist Church of Springfield has graciously helped YES to make that update a reality. After taking a look at the before pictures, it’s easy to see why they […]