The Mentoring Program with Youth Emergency Services creates a special opportunity for youth to develop a positive, sustained relationship with a trustworthy and influential adult volunteer.
As a mentor, we ask you to...
- be at least 24 years old
- have an approved application process which includes a written application, background check, reference check, interview, and orientation
- commit to the program for at least 12 months
- make contact with your youth for at least four hours a month
- participate in one training session per year of service
- respect your youth's privacy and maintain confidentiality
- have an active driver's license (preferred)
If any of these items are not completed and/or approved, or the Mentoring Coordinator believes an applicant may not be the best fit for the program, YES has the right to deny any possible mentor.
How to become a mentor:
If you meet the above requirements, please email Maren Larsen, Mentor & Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application.
Contact Maren Larsen, Mentor and Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com or 402-345-5187 for more information.