A new program at YES, Rapid Rehousing assists youth ages 18-24 in living in their own apartments. YES subsidizes their rent and provides support and services as needed.
Rapid Rehousing is:
- A solution to homelessness designed to help individuals and families to quickly exit homelessness and return to permanent housing
- An intervention offered without preconditions (it is low-barrier)
- Provides services and financial assistance that is tailored to the unique needs of the household being assisted
WHAT ARE THE CORE COMPONENTS OF RRH?
- Housing Identification – recruit landlords, match participants to appropriate housing that is decent, safe, will be affordable after their assistance ends, and ensure the household has choice in their housing
- Rent and Move-In Assistance – help with the costs associated with moving into housing (e.g., security deposits, utility deposits)
- Case Management and Services – provide tailored, voluntary, wrap-around supportive services designed to help households obtain and maintain their housing (e.g., connections to mainstream resources, employment, applying for benefits)
WHY RAPID REHOUSING?
Research shows that:
- Rapid Rehousing is cost effective
- People who receive RRH assistance are homeless for shorter periods of time than those assisted with shelter or Transitional Housing
- Rapid Rehousing adopts a Housing-First approach. It is client-centered and low-barrier and focuses on housing households in permanent housing as quickly as possible without preconditions
- Rapid Rehousing helps create “flow” through your homeless response system
For more information, please contact Rapid Rehousing Coordinator Skyler Mann at 402-345-5178 or email@example.com.