Dance for a Chance: Disco Nights was Thursday, October 13, 2022!
Stay tuned for our announcement of the 2023 date for Dance for a Chance!
The 2022 dancers were (listed alphabetically):
- Paul Baltes -- Nebraska Medicine
- Chrissy Cameron -- Nebraska Realty
- Kara Cavel -- Nebraska Wesleyan University
- Angela Peters -- Realty ONE Group Sterling
- Jenny Powell -- Creighton University
- Sandy Spady -- Entrepreneur
- Sonya Markle -- Medical Solutions
- Dan Cronin -- Fiserv
- Kelly Staup -- Lindsay Corporation
- Carmen Tapio -- North End Teleservices LLC
- Chris Tooker -- Certified Financial Planner
The 2022 dance instructors/performers (many returning from past years) were:
- Carolyn Ashton – Arts for All Inc.
- Leigh Chaves – JCC Dance Department
- Jared Dominguez – Vintage Ballroom
- Kaleb Duncan - Independent
- Kat Fackler – Independent
- Natasha Jade – Miss Natasha Jade Dance & Fitness Training
- Kellen Nilles– Vintage Ballroom
- Derek Pasqualetto – Vintage Ballroom
- Rebekah Pasqualetto – Vintage Ballroom
- Lucas Vargas – Vintage Ballroom
- David Vieceli -- Vieceli's Dance Instruction
Similar to Dancing with the Stars, Dance for a Chance pairs up dancers with instructors, who then work together to create a dance, pick accompanying music and practice over the summer before competing in October.
At the same time, the dancers are working within their personal and professional networks – largely via social media – to raise awareness and money for Youth Emergency Services.
With this year’s theme being Disco Nights, dancers and instructors wore costumes from the Disco era and incorporated dance elements from that period in their performances. Attendees were invited and encouraged to dress in 1970s/Disco attire as well.
Lindsay Corporation returned as this year’s Presenting Sponsor, as did Medical Solutions as the YES Champion Sponsor. Media sponsors were Midlands Business Journal and metroMagazine, print sponsors; KMTV 3 News Now, TV sponsor; and iHeart Radio, radio sponsor.
Thank you to our 2022 Event Sponsors: